***PLEASE NOTE**** THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED: But please feel free to register you interest if you’d like to be added to the waiting list in case anyone drops out. THANK YOU ***
This February to March we are delivering a FREE Photography course for enthusiastic creatives in the Barrow-in-Furness area. Open to adults of all ages, participants will have the chance develop Photography skills led by industry professional, Caroline Douglas.
- Starting on SATURDAY 20th FEBRUARY | 12pm – 6pm (Introductory taster session)
- Followed by 5 weekly workshops starting TUES 23rd FEBRUARY | 6pm – 9pm
- All sessions take place at Signal Film & Media, Cooke Studios, 104 Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness.
The course will give participants the exciting opportunity to be part of the Heritage Lottery funded project Lost Journeys on the Furness Railway, which explores the important role that the Furness Railway played in Barrow’s thriving industrial past and how it is remembered today. We have been collecting stories about the historic stations and lost train lines of Barrow and the Furness Peninsula, to link the lives of ordinary people to the grand history of the railway. Through these workshops participants will bring the era to life again through creative photography and digital media.
An overview of what will be involved:
- Outdoor landscape and portrait photography
- Introduction to using Darkroom to create prints
- Introduction to using digital photo editing software
- PLUS optional field trips to Lost Station sites on SAT 5 MARCH & SAT 19 MARCH (12pm – 6pm)
The resulting artworks created by participants will be displayed as part of the Lost Journeys exhibition in June 2016.
More details about the Lost Journeys of the Furness Railway project can be found HERE
TO APPLY please call 01229 838592 or email email@example.com to apply. PLACES ARE LIMITED!