STEPPING UP TO ART DIRECTOR
TUESDAY 21ST - SATURDAY 25TH JANUARY 2020
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
Are you an experienced art department crew member with 3 -5 years experience?
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
Looking for professional mentors and advice with a practical application?
Contact Kezz on 01229 838592 if you have any queries or would like support with filling in your application
Signal Film and Media is partnering with ScreenSkills, the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen-based creative industries to offer this exciting 5-day Art Direction course, open to experienced people already working as Assistant Art Directors or as Art Directors on independent, lower budget projects but who are looking to move up the ladder.
This subsidised 5-day film and tv training course will cost £35 for the week (exclusive of travel and accommodation) and is based in Barrow-in-Furness, next to the beautiful Cumbrian Lake District. It’s open to anyone not already studying at university and there are also bursaries available to support travel, child-care & accommodation costs.
Ask for further information about this when applying or email email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 12 NOON, SATURDAY 30th DECEMBER 2019
- This Continuous Professional Development course will involve:
- Taking an in-depth look at the key roles and responsibilities of an art director
- Showing the best progression routes
- 1:1 Skills Audit & CV surgery
- Script Breakdowns: Identifying & troubleshooting issues
- Professional Practises: Technical drawing & Construction Processes
- Different Filmmaking models: studio vs location
- Guest Panel Q&A with art directors, assistant art directors, supervising art directors and standby art directors
- Optional Set Visit
- Further networking opportunities
Course Location: Cooke’s Studios, 104 Abbey Rd, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 5QR
SIMON WALKER is an experienced Production Designer and Art Director based in London who began his career in the Film & Television industry in 2007. His credits include Downton Abbey, Calibre, Lady Parts and People Just Do Nothing.
Joining us on the Saturday for our panel Q&A will be:
- THALIA ECCLESTONE – Art Director for feature film, TV, commercials & music videos. Her many credits include Killing Eve, Beast & Louis Wain.
- LARA GENOVESE – Draughtsperson and Assistant Art Director on feature films. Her credits include The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, Jurassic World 3 and Maleficient: Mistress of Evil.
- MAY JENNIFER DAVIES – BAFTA X Crew member & Art Director for film, tv & theatre. Her credits inc. The Importance of Being Oscar, People Just Do Nothing.
More information on the rest of our guest panel will be released soon. Please keep checking back for details.
The programme is supported by ScreenSkills’ using National Lottery funds awarded by the BFI as part of the Future Film Skills programme. The BFI (British Film Institute) have reported an estimated 30,000 new job opportunities will open up over the next 5-10 years as the UK produced nearly a quarter of ALL FILMS in the last 15 years.