BUILDING BETTER OPPORTUNITIES
PROVIDING FREE ACCESS TO SPECIALIST CREATIVE DIGITAL MEDIA TRAINING OR WORK PLACEMENTS
If you’re 16+ and not currently in work, education or training and interested in refreshing or updating your media & office skills, come visit us to see how we can help.
Are you hoping to try and get back to work but are not sure where to start or what to do? Do you want to improve your wellbeing but are not sure how? Then we can help!
As delivery partner for Building Better Opportunities (BBO) we are working with partner Cumbria CVS to provide support and encouragement in improving your confidence through bespoke training sessions in technical and creative digital media and arts disciplines.
Gain new skills, try new activities and experience – all towards helping you towards getting back into work in 4-8 sessions that work around your schedule.
Whether you’re looking to fill in gaps in your employment history; looking to refresh your existing skills or build up new ones, we can help you with your next steps. Our welcoming and inclusive team can design an individually tailored raft of activities for you to join in with in a hands-on way with 1:1 support opportunities with volunteer manager to ensure that your understanding and progress is at a suitable pace for you.
● Learn about publicity and promotion including design of promo materials
● Understand more about the arts and digital employment sectors, including website building and showreel creation
● Learn camera, sound and editing skills – to an introductory or higher level
● Shadow/assist in the delivery of workshops teaching animation and film to
young people or of art, heritage and filmmaking workshops for all
● Update or improve your administration and office skills
● Shadow/assist in programming, planning and running a community cinema
● Pre-production skills: How to recruit for, plan and run activities and film shoots
● Delivery of arts events and masterclasses inc. how to commission and deliver an art commission
● Get DBS checked through us in order to gain experience working with children
and vulnerable adults.
GIVE KEZZ A CALL ON 01229 838592 TO FIND OUT MORE OR POP IN TO SEE US.
Alternatively we can offer a bespoke, in-depth training opportunity (up to 4 sessions) in a chosen specialist areas with our specialist staff e.g:
graphic design | camera & photography | marketing and publicity | documentary filmmaking | stop-motion animation and more!
Plus consultation and advice from our technicians, filmmakers and advisors on any of your own projects/upcoming plans!
This opportunity is available thanks to funding from the National Lottery Community Fund and the European Social Fund during 2019-2020 and your journey will also be supported by a key worker from one of our partner organisations throughout.