AGES 16-20 (UP to 25 LDD/SEN)
Love Film? TV? Art? Design? Gaming?
Are you interested in a career in the creative industries? Or do you just want to find out more and meet other people who like the same?
Then JOIN OUR YOUTH COLLECTIVE for 16 - 20 yr olds! (up to 25 LDD/SEN) It's fortnightly sessions based on the things YOU want to learn!
The Youth Collective offers an exciting year-round programme of skills workshops, Masterclasses with Industry Professionals, professional development opportunities and much more.
MASTERCLASS SESSION: THURS 13TH JAN 22
BAFTA & EMMY WINNING TV PRODUCER LYNDSAY Rowan take us on a journey FROM GRIMSBY TO LA
Here at Signal you’ll get the chance to work with our amazing kit. Supportive & skilled staff who can help teach and support, from Photographers, Filmmakers, Sculptors & Illustrators.
Choose a programme that suits you & create something that you’re proud to be a part of.
Since starting in May 2021, we have already had an amazing array of guest speakers and masterclasses. Here’s some examples of what we’ve covered so far:
- Creating storyboards with Director & Filmmaker Cassiah Joski-Jethi (Longlist BBC Script Room Drama 2021)
- Discovering more about the variety of roles in the UK’s Film & TV industry with Director & Producer Judith Chan (DoP & Co-founder of Envelope Films)
- The Art of Directing with director Richard Clark (Dr Who, War of the Worlds 2, Outlander)
- 16mm Experimental Filmmaking with award-winning artist Julia Parks
- Documentary Filmmaking workshop with award-winning indie filmmaker Honey Crespo (Tutor at Liverpool Hope University)
- Projection Mapping with Graphic Designer Joanna Roy (Manchester Art School)
- Documentary Photography with #WestCoastPhotoFest artist Phil Green
- Alternative Landscape Photography with #WestCoastPhotoFest artist Katrin Joost
- Behind-the-Scenes Filming | #westcoastphotofest VIP Launch Night with Sophie Broadgate (Pikaia Films)
- Curating Exhibitions: Meet the team behind #WestCoastPhotoFest and review our exhibition tour while learning how it all works
- Prop & Costume Making with Russell Peet (FBFX)
- Painting in VR – with Leo & Hyde and artist Kayleigh Eliza
- Audio Editing & Foley with sound assistant Joe Curley
(16mm Cameraless Filmmaking workshop with Julia Parks)
When and where?
The YOUTH COLLECTIVE takes place on Tuesday evenings (2 x a month – with the occasional daytime session during holidays) during 2021.
LOCATION: Cooke’s Studios, 104 Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 5QR or ONLINE via Zoom.
TIME: 5 – 7pm
Sign up for the collective – and Opt-in to the sessions you want to attend. This is a relaxed, informal programme & we’re here to support you – so just let us know what you need.
- An adult or legal guardian will need to countersign an application & release form for any under 18’s
- All staff have enhanced-level DBS checks & have completed thorough safeguarding training
- No previous experience is necessary – just a love & interest in film & media
- We will be following government regulation around Covid-19 safety guidelines, so please wear a mask unless legally exempt
- This is designed to flex around YOUR availability & interests
For more information on the Youth Collective email the Project Manager Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org